Mini Chicken Pot Pie

Yesterday was my first time making mini chicken pot pies. It turned out beautifully! I found the recipe on Pinterest. Oh, how I love Pinterest! As you know... I don't follow instructions well. So I did it my way on the first go round. You would have thought that I would have learned from this mistake Beautiful but Dry Chocolate Disaster. I didn't learn too well.
 Here is the recipe I made up, lol:
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless organic chicken breast halves
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1 head of broccoli
  • 1/4 of a zucchini cut thin and halved twice
  • 1 large potato – peeled and cubed
  • a few slices of fennel
  • 4 sticks of sliced celery
  • 1/3 c butter
  • 1/3 c chopped onion
  • 1/3 c all purpose flour
  • 1TSP. garlic lovers seasoning (FlavorGod)
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cans of chicken broth
  • 2/3 cup of milk
  • 1 box of 8 tart shells (from WalMart)
  • 1 can of biscuits (I used croissants. They cook way too fast)

    ♦Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    ♦In a saucepan combine chicken, and all the vegetables. Add  can of chicken broth fill with water to cover.See I didn't do any of this. Because I forgot! I'm so bad at reading instructions!!  Add 2 cans of chicken broth and bring to a boil for 15 minutes.
    ♦In another saucepan over medium heat melt butter then stir in flour. Add a cup of the chicken broth from chicken and veggies, then add milk, and stir. Simmer over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and add cream of chicken soup.




     ♦Mix the chicken mixture with the sauce to create the filling and keep on low heat and stir.
     ♦Place small tart shell in cupcake pan and spoon over the chicken mixture. Then cover with the biscuits or pie crust, seal edges, and trim any excess.


    ♦ Seal edges with a fork
    ♦ Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes
    before serving.
    Adapted from Poofy Cheeks
    ♦Adding 2 cans of chicken broth to cook with the vegetables and garlic lovers seasoning gave this recipe SO much flavor!♦

    Comments

    Popular Posts