Sweet Potato Teacakes

I came across this recipe because I had a can of sweet potatoes and I wanted to make some cookies. So I did a search for sweet potato cookies and came to this website Sprinkle Some Sunshine. I'm so happy I found this site! As you can see in the original recipe it calls for pumpkin. Well, I didn't have pumpkin! To me pumpkin and sweet potato are interchangeable.

Sweet Potato Teacakes

1 cup softened butter
3 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 cups Sweet Potato (I used canned sweet potatoes)
2 teaspoons vanilla
A lot of cinnamon
A lot of nutmeg
5 cups CAKE flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda


Preheat oven to 375 degrees (original recipe preheats at 350)

Beat butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and spices. Continue beating for about 2 additional minutes. Add rest of ingredients to bowl and mix just until flour disappears and all ingredients are combined.
Using a large cookie (or ice cream) scoop, place dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to plate.

Using cake flour in place of all purpose makes the cookies more like cakes. That's why I changed the name to sweet potato teacakes. My grandma used to make teacakes all the time and this recipe reminds me of her delicious teacakes!

Sorry about the terrible pictures! I made the last of the batter the night before and forgot to take pictures! This was at lunch to 10/27/14. I will definitely makes this recipe again.



 

Comments

Popular Posts