Pumpkin Cookies

Late last night, I made heavily spiced pumpkin cookies adated from Sweet Peas Kitchen. Even though I haven't been feeling the best over this weekend. I wanted to bake something because that was my original plan, before I started feeling awful. Well, here is the recipe and ENJOY! 
 

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla paste


Frosting

4 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt; set aside. With a mixer,
cream together all wet ingredients butter, sugars, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla , and beat until creamy. Stir in the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture by hand until just combined.
Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies.

If you want to make frosting ↓
While the cookies are cooling make frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin pie spice and beat until smooth and creamy.




I didn't measure any of the spices. I like heavliy spices pumpkin or sweet potato anything.
It should have been blended here.

As you know, I always add my own little step to a recipe. I was got way ahead of myself. I put all the wet ingredients together and mixed. End results came out fine. So I wasn't too worried...


Mix well with a wodden spoon. *this batter is similar to the Sweet Potato Teacakes*
The dough is super sticky↑. The smell is amazing!
Sprinkled with grounded cinnamon...and you have
Beautiful results!

Comments

Popular Posts