Homemade Cinnamon Roll

I made some cinnamon rolls my family and co-workers this weekend. They turned out beautifully! I found the recipe on Pinterest a few months ago. This is the third time I've made this and I love it! Here is the recipe and the site I got it from Two Peas And Their Pod. I will find a way to add pumpkin into the dough and update the recipe.

Cinnamon Rolls (Parry Rolls)
Yield: 30 cinnamon rolls

Ingredients:

2 packages yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons), dissolved in 1 cup lukewarm water
6 tablespoons shortening (Crisco)
1 cup granulated sugar
7 cups unbleached all purpose flour or more as needed (it will take more)
2 cups hot water
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon salt
Softened butter
Brown sugar
Pecans
Cinnamon

For the frosting:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
 Make the frosting. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Frost the cooled cinnamon rolls.



 Directions


Add yeast to cup of lukewarm water and sprinkle in a little sugar. Set aside for about five minutes.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, add shortening, sugar, and salt to hot water and beat for 30 seconds, using the beater blade. Let cool to lukewarm temperature. Stir in 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and mix until well combined. Mix in the beaten eggs.


Gradually stir in the remaining flour and mix with the dough hook for about 2 minutes. If it is sticky while mixing, add a little flour around the sides.
Knead the dough till it is no longer sticky and feels satin-y and soft.












Cover and ♫Let it Rise, Let it Rise♪ for 30minutes. I left it there for 4 hours and went over my cousins house. After the dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and divide it in half. With a rolling pin, roll one half of the dough into a rectangular shape. Spread dough evenly with softened butter. Sprinkle dough with brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. Make sure you use LOTS of brown sugar...you can omit the raisins, but my family loves them, and sprinkle on loads of cinnamon
 I'm not so good at rolling as you see. Very uneven, lol!

 I don't measure any of the cinnamon and brown sugar. I add a lot!



Roll up dough into one long roll. Cut rolls, using a piece of dental floss, thread, or a bench press; and cut about 2 inches thick.
Place rolls in greased 9X13 baking pans. Now follow the exact same steps with the other half of the dough

Let the rolls rise until double in bulk. I let the rolls sit for 4 hours because I was sleepy! ↑
Bake at 350 degrees until brown about 15 minutes.











Comments

Popular Posts