Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Copycat Potbelly Cookies

This post was supposed to be up Monday! Forgive me for being a day late and a dollar short, lol. This past weekend was so nice. Mostly because I was able to bake and my family and friends enjoyed it. That makes my heart rejoice!! So, let me tell you how this recipe came about. My co-worker told me on Friday how she loves Potbelly oatmeal cookies. She was trying to recreate the recipe from the Quaker Oat container and the Hershey's chocolate chip bag. Nothing worked out for her. I told her did you do a copycat recipe search on Google. I looked for the recipe and came across a couple of websites. I picked Pardon the Dog Hair because I like the name of her site. I love dogs!!!

I modified the recipe for my next batch of cookie mix. I have a lot of Asian friends and they told me the cookies were too sweet. All my family and American friends thought the cookies were just right. Next time, I will make 2 batched of cookies mix and cut the sugar half on one batch!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar (1/2 cup lessen sweetness)
  • 1 cup white sugar (1/2 cup lessen the sweetness)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2½ cups quick oats (or regular, food processed)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1½ tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (1 or 1 1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup of your favorite nuts
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large deep bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add in egg one at a time and mix well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together then slowly add into the butter mixture. Add one cup at a time, mix till moistened, then add another cup. Do this until it is all blended together. Mix in chocolate chips.
  4. Form dough into large size balls, place on cookie sheet with parchment paper, and bake for about 12 minutes or less. It depends on how gooey you want them. My cookies were chewy and delicious!


The fun thing about cookies are you have modify the recipe to your liking. If you don't want chocolate chips but you want cinnamon and nutmeg. Omit the chips and add any ingredients you like! How did you make your cookies? Leave a comment and let me know!

By the way-These cookies were brother-n-law approved!

Comments

Popular Posts