Apple Turnovers

2:56 PM

Hello All!! I made these delicious apple turnovers this past weekend. I'm so happy with how they turned out! I followed Food Wishes recipe to the "T" and it was delicious. My crust came out a little dry. From the video of the pie dough, it was very piable and moist looking. I had to work with my dough and probably over worked it a little. The crust was still flaky but not as flaky as I wanted it to be. I did the apple filling a little different. I added nutmeg and rum in place of water. Enjoy my version of the filling and #realtalkrealfoodblog on Instagram so I can see your apple turnovers.


4 AppleTurnovers:
1 pound pie dough, divided into 4
egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tsp milk)
For the apple filling:
2 tbsp butter, browned
2 or 3 green apples
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
cinnamon & nutmeg to taste

1 or 2 tsp of rum if needed 

Crust
Ingredients for about 1 pound pie dough (enough for 1 large pie or 4 turnovers):
2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter 
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp ice water
The smell of this mixture is HEAVENLY!! The apples are so tender and delicious. I'm drooling all over again!!






For my first time making hand pies... I'd say I did a pretty awesome job!







You Might Also Like

0 comments