Apple Turnovers

Hello All!! I made these delicious apple turnovers this past weekend. I'm so happy with how they turned out. I followed Chef John’s Food Wishes recipe to the "T" and it was delicious. My crust came out a little dry. From the video of the pie dough, it was very pliable and moist looking. I had to work with my dough and probably over worked it a little. The crust was still flaky but not as flaky as I wanted it to be.  I will be making this recipe again, but I will fry them instead of bake them.

4 AppleTurnovers:
1 pound pie dough, divided into 4
egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tsp milk)
For the apple filling:
2 tbsp butter, browned
2 or 3 green apples
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
cinnamon & nutmeg to taste
rum 1 or 2 tsp optional

Crust
2 cups of flour
½ cup unsalted butter
1Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
6 Tbsp ice water
The smell of this mixture is HEAVENLY!! The apples are so tender and delicious. I'm drooling all over again!!






For my first time making hand pies... I'd say I did a pretty awesome job!








Comments

Popular Posts