Vanilla/Cinnamon Lemon Sugar Scrub

Over the weekend. I made some hand scrub to go along with my homemade lotion bars. It was fun to make this scrub! I had all the ingredients at home. I found the recipe on this site Smart School House. I didn't follow this recipe to the "T". I knew for sure I couldn't mess this up.

Vanilla Cinnamon Nutmeg Lemon Coconut Sugar Scrub (LOL)
Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I added much more than this)
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (I added much more of this too)
  • optional:lemon zest  
  • optional: red and yellow gel food coloring
Instructions
  1. Heat the coconut oil on the stove until melted or use at room temp
  2. Add spices and vanilla, and stir until fully combined with
  3. Add liquid to sugar, and stir.
  4. At this point, the mixture will be a light brown color. It can be used now, if you’d like, or you can divide it into two bowls for coloring.
  5. To create the yellow layer
  6. Dip tooth pick into yellow food coloring
  7. Stir with a small whisk
  8. To create the red layer
  9. Dip tooth pick into red food coloring for the red layer
  10. Stir with a small whisk
  11. Optional: I added lemon zest because the coconut oil smell takes over the cinnamon and nutmeg. The lemon zest toned it way down.
  12. Get 2 small canning jars and fill it up with the red, yellow, and the left over brown.
 
Also Optional:Sprinkle the top with cinnamon!

    This will not stain your hands!








       I gave one away to a co-worker who is always helping me!! Thanks Cristy!!!
       
      I hope you enjoy my work of art and it is so much cheaper making your own things!!!
     

    Comments

    Popular Posts