Lotion Bars

This was my first time making lotion and I loved it! It was time consuming but super fun. I got the recipe from My Frugal Adventures. I got raw beeswax from sunnyvalehoney.com. It was $6!! I was amazed at the smell and sight of the beeswax. I got the coconut and almond oil from the Indian store in Irving, TX. They are cheaper than Whole Foods. I picked up the Essential Oils from Whole Foods. The Shea butter I got from a friend but it is sold in the beauty supply stores in Dallas/Mesquite area. For the full recipe go to My Frugal Adventures She is awesome!!

Pain Relieving Lotion Bar
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup Shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter
  • 1/3 cup beeswax (can add an extra ounce or two if you want a thicker consistency, which leaves less lotion on the skin when used)
  • 50 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
  • 50 drop Eucalyptus Essential Oil
  • How to Make Lotion Bars

    How to Use:

    Store in a cool or dry place. Put on your skin and rub it in!

  • If your getting fresh off the comb beeswax. You have to filter it! I cut the footing off some fish net stockings, lol. It is super hard to cut the beeswax. Run some hot water and put your knife under it, wipe it, and cut. Use some serious elbow grease! Put the pieces into the stocking and pin it to the bowl. You can also cover the bowl with a top from one of you pans, and that will keep the stocking from going under.
    Bees are amazing little creatures. I was so happy to see and hold actual beeswax. They make tasty honey and a base for lotion and candles!
    I took the top off to show the chunks I cut and the fish nets I put them in. It takes a very long time for these pieces to melt. As you see I have a double boiler thing going. I didn't use the whole block either.
    Once the pieces are melting, add all the other products and stir. Pour it into your molds!
    Once in the molds. I headed straight to the deep freezer. Cut the cooling time all the way down!! I left it in there for 15 minutes.
    Isn't this beautiful!!
    I wrapped them in parchment paper and gave them out as gifts!
     
    Tell me what you did differently to make your lotion.










    Comments

    Popular Posts