Nevrous Betty Practical!

I was a nervous Betty last night! We had on our menu to prepare hollandaise sauce, ratatouille, and blanched asparagus. We have already made the ratatouille a couple weeks ago and I practiced making that over the weekend. So I mapped out my plans days ahead cause I had a hour and 30 minutes . I was on a mission to pass this practical. I started off with the Ratatouille (recipe at the bottom) since it would take the most time. The next thing was Hollandaise sauce. I had to be a sauce not like mayo. It turned out WONDERFUL!! Last thing Asparagus that was so easy. I mean very easy! Hot water season heavily with salt, throw the asparagus in for a few minutes and I was done! So I was complete with everything and had to get my hot plate and bowl out of the heater. I put my asparagus on the plate with the hollandaise sauce on the top with the tips of the asparagus showing. My garnish was grated lemon and cayenne pepper. Pure beauty!
> Ratatouille   Asparagus in Hollandaise sauce>
I passed my practical with a 98%!!! Happy is what I was!! Exam tonight what did I learn must study now at work :D.

Recipe
2-Zucchini 1/2" thick
1-Eggplant- Large dice(square) 1" thick
1-Onion
1-Green bell peppers- Large dice 1" thick
Garlic clove-1 chopped
tomato-2 large dice
olive oil- 3 tsbsp
chopped parsley-1/2 tbsp
bay leaf-1
Thyme-1/2 tsp
salt - to taste
pepper- to taste
Peel the eggplant then saute all veggies with the spices for a few minutes, while constantly flipping them. Season with salt and pepper and put in a pan and cover with foil. Cook for 30 minutes until nice and tender!

Comments

Congratulations and the veggies look yummy! LOL whenever I hear the word ratatouille, I think of the animated movie of the rat who likes to cook@ :)

Popular Posts