Show and Tell

I decided that I would show and tell you guys about my first month in Taiwan. Maybe what I'm sharing will help you with your visit to Taiwan!

WHO DID I FLY WITH?
I purchased my tickets separately to get to Taiwan. My good friend that lives here but is from Taiwan told me the best time for travel there. I flew in October after summer breaks and before holiday flights. I flew Virgin Airlines for my first flight and EVA Airlines for my second flight. I LOVE Virgin and EVA and was hoping I could fly with them on returning to the United States. EVA was too expensive for me. I HIGHLY recommend both airlines! Especially EVA!! EVA airlines was like royalty flying. The food was tasty the flight attendance were very nice, and neatly dressed. They spoke English, and Chinese, of course.☺  YouTube Video




 My good friend and his mom picked me up from the airport. They helped me order my first meal and let me stay the night! HOW SWEET!


THINGS YOU NEED IN TAIWAN
Well, before you leave you need to learn how to pack. I searched many places until I found the perfect way to pack for me. I moved to Taiwan with a large suitcase, a small suitcase, and a backpack! I didn't miss anything I left at home. To be honest I didn't remember what I had and wish my sister had of sold what things I left! So DON'T over pack! 

1. Extremely comfortable walking shoes
2. Clothes that are breathable
3. Umbrella
4. Backpack
5. Hand Sanitizer/Soap Sheets
6. Swimsuit
7. Dried portable snack- Instant oatmeal, grits, tuna packets, koolaid, beef jerky and so on
8. Open mind- Things aren't the same as home. Be willing to try new foods and explore!
9. A friend or friend of a friend that is willing to help you through the city at least once
10. Basis Chinese- Know how to say Thank You, Hello, Good Morning, Could you help me?, etc.
11. Exchange US Dollars before you get to Taiwan. They don't have many places that take cards.
12. Check with your bank about overseas fees. I bank with Capital One and no fees for me!!! You can get cash from 7-11 but not Family Mart.
13. An Unlocked Phone- you can get a sim card from ChungHua Telecom for 1000NT ($30-34USD)
You can add data at 7-11.
14. Facial/Acne Kit- the pollution and humidity caused me to have bad acne for along time!
15. Hair products- black hair products aren't sold in Taiwan. My friend recently opened a business called Taipei Healthy Hair. But if you're coming bring some!



Pictures and Videos below. I will eventually make another YouTube video.













Anyway, I'm about to leave work and have to wrap this up! But I did make a video while in Taiwan. It would have been SO helpful if someone did one before I left for Taiwan.












Comments

Popular Posts