Back to Reality- Adjusting back to USA Life

Long time no see!! 好久不見!!

I've been in the states for a little over a month. Things have been different! Before I made any new goal, I needed to get three things accomplished first. Main objective: 1. Sign up for health assistance 2. Get car insurance, tags, and registration 3. Find a job. I got all this accomplished in the first 3 weeks! I really couldn't believe I found a job so quickly! I returned back home with $458 USD. All of the went to my car. I need my car legal to drive to work and anywhere else. Since I've been back, I've been hit with SO many questions on many different things.

DO YOU MISS TAIWAN?
Yes, I do! I've been comparing United States life to foreigner life, and life in Taiwan was way less stressful. Even though they drive their mopeds on the sidewalk, walk in slow motion, the weather is always full of humidity, and the stares. My life there was ADVENTUROUS, LAID BACK, and much more INTERESTING! I feel that Taiwan is my second home and even thought I didn't like the weather. I'd still go back there to live again. 

DO THEY HAVE BLACK PEOPLE OVER THERE? 
Taiwan has African and African American people in Taipei. Taipei is the capital and most international city. However, the further you go outside of Taipei the more people you will see stare at you. Mostly everyone hasn't seen a black person in real life besides on TV and if the person travels. American TV shows and movies doesn't portray black people in a good light. So some people are scared and will hold onto their purse or they will move further down the train. That doesn't bother me though. Because you have more Taiwanese people who are SO nice, helpful, and wanting to know why you are there. They make me smile just thinking about all the wonderful people I met and cute kids I taught English! Here are a few people I now love and cherish our friendship!






























HOW WAS IT BEING A FOREIGNER?
I loved it! It was nice being different and standing out. Looking forward to my next visit or stay... ☺

ARE YOU TIRED OF NOODLES?
For a time I was tired of noodles but I get this same way here. I get tired of chicken or beans. Right now I wish I had Beef Noodle Soup right NOW! 我現在要牛肉麵!Wǒ xiànzài yào niúròu miàn!

IS IT HARD TO ADJUST TO BEING HOME?
Yes! I pretty much have been living THE DREAM in Taiwan. But I needed to come home and make some real cash. I don't like teaching English so... I had to come home.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING NEXT?
Once I save some money up. I want to visit some friends I met that live in South Africa. I'd like to do a trip! Go to Ghana, Togo, Mali, South African, then Swaziland. If I could hit up Madagascar I would go too!!! I'm praying to Jehovah for guidance. He helped me get to Taiwan and has helped me get back on my feet here!

If you have any questions about my trip, ask me in the comment section!

Comments

Popular Posts