My First 5K Run (Hypnotic Donut Dash)

I'm super nervous about my first 5K Hypnotic Donut Dash. Why? Because it's my first race, I'm doing it by myself, and I don't have anything to wear including acceptable running shoes. It is cold in the D (Dallas), and I have to dress for the cold weather. I've been doing research on prep for beginners 5K (3.1m) race and how to dress for a run in cold weather.
 

Even though I have been working out to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video. I still want to be ready for the race. I'm going to switch it up my workout and use this schedule to get my body ready for the race. I just have 3 weeks to prepare! Look below:

Week 1

On run/walk days, walkers walk only. Runners run for 15 seconds/walk for 45 seconds.
MondayRun/walk 30 minutes
TuesdayWalk 30 minutes
WednesdayRun/walk 30 minutes
ThursdayWalk 30 minutes
FridayRest
SaturdayRun/walk 3 miles (4.8 km)
SundayRest or walk
 

Week 2

On run/walk days, walkers walk only. Runners run for 15 seconds/walk for 45 seconds.
MondayRun/walk 30 minutes
TuesdayWalk 30 minutes
WednesdayRun/walk 30 minutes
ThursdayWalk 30 minutes
FridayRest
SaturdayRun/walk 3.5 miles (5.6 km)
SundayRest or walk

Week 3

On run/walk days, walkers walk only. Runners run for 20 seconds/walk for 40 seconds.
MondayRun/walk 30 minutes
TuesdayWalk 30 minutes
WednesdayRun/walk 30 minutes
ThursdayWalk 30 minutes
FridayRest
SaturdayRun/walk 2 miles (3.2 km) with Magic Mile*
SundayRest or walk

I'm nervous but I'm super duper excited, too! If you have any tips for beginner... leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts